Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gifts- Nintendo DS cases

My few days before Christmas were a bit crazy as I am a bit of a procrastinator... Now that I can relax a bit, I thought I'd share some of the projects I did for gifts.  

First up, cases for my niece and nephew's new Nintendo DS's. I used corduroy outside and for the handle, and soft flannel inside.

Camo with dinosaurs inside for my nephew.
I designed them with slots for games, and a zippered pocket at the top for the charger, extra stylus etc.

The top folds down and secures with elastic. And a wristlet to hang onto!

And for my niece, a pretty pink, black and grey combo! This is version 2, so its a big larger so everything fits well.

For my pretty little niece, I wanted to have it look like a little purse, thus the handle change.

And the dressed up elastic!


Here's a peek at the zippered pocket with the charger.

I must say, I'm very happy with how they turned out.  And I do believe they loved them and will get lots of use! I don't have a link to send you to for a tutorial for this one; it was my own creation! If anyone's interested, I can post a tutorial for you to make your own. They made for inexpensive, unique and special gifts!




5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a tutorial! My kids just got DSs for their fall birthdays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll work on that, Michele, I can use an excuse to make one up for my daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! these are so so pretty! would love for you to link up at our crafty saturday party! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot for linking up! ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out very cute! A great way to store those game systems!

    Thanks for linking up to Free for All!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete