Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Checkbook Cover

I've been wanting to make myself a nicer new checkbook cover... So I finally got around to it (helps that a friend from church wants one too!) I sort of used a tutorial from Small Fry & Co (who helped hers with this one) though I changed some things.
Here's the front of mine!

The tutorial from Small Fry & Co added an extra pocket behind your checkbook, which I didn't really feel was necessary, but decided I wanted an extra pocket on the back to slip in my bank reciepts and loose deposit slips. Makes the cover prettier too, I think!

I also added a pen pocket, as I hate not having a pen handy when I want to do checkbook-ish things!  Also handy to know where one is at all times in my purse!

Easy Peasy! You just tuck your register and checkbook into the pockets, throw in your pen and off you go!

I must confess, I did goof a bit on my measurements here... you can't really tell, but it is a wee bit tight to slide in the checkbook register (I actually didn't have too much of a problem with the checks); It works, but would lay a bit better with a teensy bit trimmed off my register... no biggie, but will be fixed on the next one!

If you do your own, i believe you can pretty much follow the tutorial from Small Fry& Co, but just make sure your outside pocket is on the outside when you turn it.  Good Luck! So easy (seriously, can you sew a straight line??) and in less than an hour you've got a unique and completely YOU checkbook cover! Two fat quarters give you Plenty for this- you could probably actually do 2 with that much! and cost only 99cents on sale at Joann's.  So for $2 bucks and some work... Viola!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love it:)
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete