Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

My Backpack Design!

I found this post in my drafts, appears i never posted as I was waiting for some pictures of my neices backpack that I sewed from  this free pattern... ahem.  I forgot to take them before I gave it to her so I guess I can't complain too much... Anyway, here's the one I made for my nephew: 



I'm a wee bit proud of the fact that I designed this one on my own! (I'm too cheap to pay for patterns when i can avoid it...)  It actually was not as difficult as one might think, especially cause I added my zippers in a super simple way I found in this book, Made for Travel (I found it at our library if you‘re local-lots of great projects in it!). 
See how the zippers are done "exposed"?  Sooo easy! And i think pretty cool looking on this one!
I did a smaller pencil pocket on top and a larger one below. Even tried using piping for the first time... see it there around the front?

I would definitely use home décor weight fabric when making another one ( I let my daughter pick out fabric AGES ago for one...), but I think it will work fine, and it turned out to be a good size I think for a youngster's bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment