Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book Review: Babylon's Falling



Babylon's Falling: The Story of Belteshazzar, also known as DaniyyelBabylon's Falling: The Story of Belteshazzar, also known as Daniyyel by William G. Collins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was excited to read this book, however it fell short of my expectations.  This is a novel based on the story of Daniel and his three friends from the Bible. Just that made me excited to read it. There are great stories in those passages in the Bible- the fiery furnace, Daniel and the Lion's den.  THe author stated he wanted to bring this "charismatic character" to life; however I felt he failed to do so.  This book felt dry and boring- so sad to see these amazing stories this way!  The author filled in a lot of areas the Bible doesn't tell about, but skimmed over the most amazing parts! I felt he really missed the opportunity to help us really experience what it may have been like for those three friends to stand up to the King and refuse to bow, to realize they were in a fire and feeling fine and in the presence of an angel! And what Daniel's experience in the lion's den was like. I was really disappointed that the author really almost ignored these pivotal parts of the story.  Sadly I wouldn't recommend this book. By the end I was really struggling to even finish it.


I was given a copy of this book through BookSneeze for review.


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment